SCA and it’s sustainability policy
SCA exists for the purpose of creating value for the company’s shareholders, increasing the standard of living and quality of life of its employees and otherwise contributing to the economic, environmental and social well-being of customers, suppliers and the nations in which the company transacts business. SCA places strong emphasis on renewable and recyclable raw materials and strives to offer environmentally sound products and services. These must be capable of meeting customer and consumer needs with respect to functionality, economy, safety and environmental impact. Policy statements:
- SCA shall conduct its activities in accordance with the highest standards of corporate best practice and in full compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. SCA is committed to the sustainable development of its business, taking all economic, environmental and social issues into consideration.
- SCA is committed to transparency and open communication about its environmental and social practices. It seeks dialogue with its stakeholders in order to contribute to the development of global best practice. SCA demands the same commitment to transparency and open communication from its suppliers and subcontractors.
- SCA assesses the environmental impact of its products during the various stages of their lifespan, and includes suppliers and subcontractors in this process.
- SCA promotes appropriate, recognized Environmental Management Systems throughout its organization. SCA continuously reviews and challenges its objectives and targets, in order to reduce its global impact on the environment.
- SCA aims to provide a safe and non-discriminatory working environment for its employees. All units must, at a minimum, strictly abide by national laws and collective agreements. SCA actively strives for the continuous improvement of health and safety in the workplace.